NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
We regret to inform you that all remaining performances of TRIPLE X have been cancelled.
After careful review of government guidelines and updated advice about the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided that it is in the best interest of our community not to go ahead with the rest of our season of Triple X. While we make this decision with a heavy heart, our first priority is and always will be the health and wellbeing of our patrons, artists, staff and the public at large.
In this challenging time, all of us at Queensland Theatre are concerned for the wellbeing and long term viability of Australia’s arts community. We are especially mindful of the plight of freelance practitioners who do not have access to resources or contingency plans.
We greatly appreciate your understanding during this difficult period. Thank you for the support so many of you have already shown us. We are very grateful to our patrons who have chosen to donate refunds on their cancelled tickets back to us, as tax-deductible contributions – generosity like this will be essential to mitigate the impact of this unprecedented global event.
These are uncertain times. One thing we can be sure of, however, is that theatre is a necessary and vital space where communities are built, nurtured and maintained. Its importance will only continue to grow as we look to the future. Rest assured that we will be back and producing shows as soon as it is safe and advisable to do so.
Amanda Jolly and Lee Lewis
Executive Director and Artistic Director
Our Box Office team will be working as quickly as possible to get in contact with you. They will be calling ticket buyers in order of date of performance, so please be patient and allow us time to contact you.
You will be given the option to:
1. Donate the value of your ticket
2. Receive a credit on your account for a future performance
3. Receive a refund
Thank you for your understanding.
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not purchase a ticket unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions. References to “Queensland Theatre” in these Terms and Conditions is to the ticketing agency wholly owned by the Queensland Theatre – ABN 27 822 967 021
APPLICATION OF TERMS
1. By purchasing a ticket through Queensland Theatre (online or over the phone), through the Queensland Theatre Box Office, or an authorised sales channel, you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Tickets are sold or issued by Queensland Theatre as agent for the organisation(s) which are managing, producing, promoting, presenting or otherwise providing the service, event or performance for which the ticket is sold or issued (Presenter). The name of the Presenter and/or the venue to which your ticket relates (Venue) is usually shown on the front of the ticket but is also available from Queensland Theatre. Queensland Theatre has no control over, or liability for, the performance of the event by the Presenter. All ticketing complaints and claims, and your legal rights, are as against the Presenter, not Queensland Theatre, except where Queensland Theatre is at fault or where you have a legal right against Queensland Theatre under the Australian Consumer Law.
3. The Venue’s conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket. The Venue’s conditions of entry are available online or you can ask Queensland Theatre for a copy.
4. These Terms and Conditions incorporate the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice – Consumer Code (LPA Code), which sets out a code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events including consumer rights. You can find the LPA Code here or you can ask Queensland Theatre for a copy.
5. Tickets are only valid if purchased through Queensland Theatre, the Box Office, the Venue or an authorised agent.
6. Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets. Queensland Theatre may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits.
7. Ticket proceeds are held in a separate trust account and will be refunded if the event does not proceed, if required by the LPA Code.
8. Once purchased, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as provided for in the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
9. Bookings are subject to availability.
PRICING AND PAYMENT
10. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST. Your ticket is a tax invoice.
11. Prices are subject to change without notice.
12. A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase.
13. You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
14. If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error arose due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), Queensland Theatre may cancel the ticket and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price.
DELIVERY, COLLECTION AND PRINTING OF TICKETS
15. Delivery of tickets will only be made upon receipt of full payment. You may request delivery of your ticket by post, or to collect your ticket from the Venue’s Box Office. Postage and handling fees may apply.
16. Prior to purchasing a ticket through the Queensland Theatre website, you may be required to register for a user account and to nominate an email address and password for your account. You must maintain the confidentiality and security of your user account (including your password) and not provide it to any other person.
17. You are responsible for your use of the Queensland Theatre website and all transactions conducted using your account. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, please notify Queensland Theatre immediately and reset your password.
LOST OR STOLEN TICKETS
18. Where tickets are lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed, Queensland Theatre may charge an administration fee to issue replacement tickets and may require proof of identity and purchase, prior to issuing a replacement ticket.
19. Queensland Theatre may not provide replacement tickets where tickets are for general admission rather than allocated seating.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
20. Attendance at the event and the right of admission is reserved by the Venue and Queensland Theatre.
21. By attending an event, you agree to the Venue’s conditions of entry.
22. The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Venue. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission.
23. You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
24.The performance will commence promptly at the advertised time. Queensland Theatre reserves the right to admit latecomers only when/if there is a suitable break in the performance, and to relocate seating. Management reserves the right to refuse admission; this policy is to prevent disruption to the performance and other patrons.
REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
25. Subscription Tickets (excluding additional tickets) can be exchanged as per Queensland Theatre’s Terms and Conditions. All other tickets once purchased cannot be refunded, exchanged or cancelled, except as provided for in the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
26. Queensland Theatre has the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, vary advertised programs, vary ticket prices, performance times, venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity without notice. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
27. You may be entitled at law or under the LPA Code to a refund where an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (including The Australian Consumer Law), Queensland Theatre will not reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event. Queensland Theatre recommends that you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses.
28. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated and provided Queensland Theatre receives authorisation from the Presenter, Queensland Theatre will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation.
29. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), Queensland Theatre are not liable to refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
NO SCALPING OR OTHER UNAUTHORISED SALES
30. Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or packaged, resold or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without Queensland Theatre prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the ticket may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission.
CHILDREN’S EVENTS AND MINORS
31. School and other group tickets are subject to availability and additional conditions may apply.
32. All persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst at the Venue. This includes in all bars areas and dining rooms where alcohol is served. Proof of age may be required by the Venue.
33. Merchandise will not be refunded or exchanged, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
PROMOTIONS AND COMPETITIONS
34. If you received your ticket as a prize, gift, donation or otherwise for no cost, these Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion or competition (Competition Terms), apply to your use of the ticket.
VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTION OF RISK
35. You enter the Venue at your own risk.
36. You understand that attendance at any event and/or the Venue may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property.
37. By attending the event and/or the Venue, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue. This includes damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other ticketholders, visitors, guests, and the employees and agents of Queensland Theatre.
RACQ $20 TICKETS
38. RACQ $20 ticket offer is restricted to first-time theatre goers who are RACQ members and is limited to 2 tickets per transaction/membership number provided. If you have previously redeemed this offer the discount may be removed before checkout or the order cancelled after completion at the discretion of Queensland Theatre. One RACQ membership number is required per ticket offer and no refunds apply for RACQ membership number supplied after booking.
39. RACQ Season Ticket offer is restricted to RACQ members and is limited to 1 pass per membership number provided. If you are unable to supply a valid RACQ member number, the discount may be removed before checkout or the order cancelled after completion at the discretion of Queensland Theatre. No refunds apply for RACQ membership number supplied after booking.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
40. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), Queensland Theatre are not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury, delays, additional expenses or inconvenience arising as a result of your attendance or non-attendance at the Venue and/or the event. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of Queensland Theatre is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
41. These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the Queensland Theatre website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
42. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
43. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
Promotional activity through other advertising channels including Australian Book Review, Women’s Weekly and leaflet drops are subject to these terms and conditions.